The traditional approach doesn’t cut it for our Media team. Instead of focusing on creating media plans, they build media systems. They determine the best mix of channels to go to market, combining cultural insights and algorithms to build strategies and manage media programs. Data is the driver. Delivering creativity is the goal.
Here’s what you should know if you want to be an Assistant Media Planner/Buyer at R/GA:
On any given day you might
- Assist the Media Manager with managing campaigns across websites, search engines, DSPs and native ad platforms, such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Assist in the online media planning process by pulling rankers and leveraging other site measurement data
- Discover key data to support planning and buying strategies
- Pull general media research and competitive data
- Evaluate the success of strategies and recommend ongoing enhancements
- Investigate new performance media opportunities and make recommendations
The ideal person
- Is familiar with media channels such as mobile, search, social, display, etc.
- Has worked with syndicated and related online media research resources
- Possess solid math skills and is exceptionally detail oriented
- Has experience interacting with third-party ad servers and rich-media technologies
- Is proficient in basic office applications such as Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- 1+ year experience in media, marketing or advertising company
- A BA/BS degree and relevant coursework in Economics, Psychology or Statistics
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.