Our Systems Department plays a key role in keeping us running like a well-oiled machine. They provide IT support to our 1,200 plus employees - identifying, researching, and resolving technical issues in a fast paced and always changing environment.
Here’s what you should know if you want to be a Desktop Support Technician at R/GA:
On any given day you might
- Provide IT technical support to R/GA employees in person, via phone, Chat, and email.
- This support position is responsible for the intake of IT issues and requests, opening tickets and troubleshooting in the following technologies: Mac and Windows OS/software, computer hardware trouble-shooting (basic), peripherals, Smart Phones (Android and iOS), desk phones (IP telephony) email (Outlook), network connectivity and printing.
- Will be responsible for provisioning computers (imaging and application installation) using R/GA Systems processes.
- Open and document tickets and perform advanced level troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Install software, repair and replace broken hardware, manage inventory on PC and Macintosh, OS/software, computer hardware trouble-shooting, peripherals, Smart Phones (Android and iOS), email (Outlook), network connectivity and printing.
- Provisioning computers (imaging and application installation) using R/GA Systems processes
- Document procedures and how-to’s for users
- Accurately records pertinent information.
The Ideal Person
- Fine-tuned and advanced troubleshoot skills on OS X (Sierra) and Window 7 and 10
- Has experience on first level to intermediate level trouble shooting to resolve any issue.
- Installs software, repairs/replaces broken hardware, manages inventory, installs upgrades, supports mobile devices including configuration and trouble-shooting
- Is highly analytical and has demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Is customer service oriented and comfortable with face to face customer interaction
- Is a Team Player
- Customer service mindset. Must be comfortable with face to face customer interaction.
- 5 - 7 years’ experience supporting Windows and Macintosh computers in a corporate WAN environment, including troubleshooting, installation, configuration, and maintenance of desktops, laptops and Operating Systems (OS X and Windows 7-10) printers, peripherals, network protocols.
- Macintosh troubleshooting skills within a corporate network environment.
- Active Directory and Exchange environment experience preferred.
- If you have LANDesk and Casper Suite experience and/or certification
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.