Studio Systems Administrator
The Studio Systems Administrator will work under the supervision of the Executive IT Director of Global Infrastructure to provide day to day support and engineering for R/GA’s Content Studio consisting of roughly 20 Macintosh edit stations running Adobe Premier and Final Cut, 22 CG workstations running Maya and after effects, 20 dedicated render nodes, and pro-tools edit suites in the R/GA New York office.
Here’s what you should know if you want to be a Studio Systems Administrator at R/GA:
On any given day you might
- Provide support for physical and digital assets in the studio.
- Rollout new hardware (computers/printers/monitors etc.). This will involve imaging computers, pro-tools suites, configuring networking properly and doing monitor color calibration.
- Manage plugins, compatibility, and versions
- Research and implement new technologies and methods for tasks such as imaging and/or system monitoring and logging.
- Maintain uptime on the render farm (alarms, imaging, hardware replacement and troubleshooting), and all content studio computers.
- Ensure all data in our inventory system is kept updated and current.
- Develop and maintain effective documentation, related to the tasks you will perform.
- Help out with any other manual/physical tasks as needed.
- Escalate issues to senior systems team members when necessary.
- This role is expansive and day-to-day responsibilities can vary greatly.
- Maintain fleet of mobile video conference carts
- Manage executive presentations, digital signage, and other aspects of A/V
The ideal person
- Deep understanding of Windows, Mac OS X and Linux operating systems.
- Ability to work autonomously and deliver a very high quality of service to the content studio.
- Strong familiarity with content studio workflows and tools including the Adobe CC suite, Maya, Final Cut, Qube!, Mudbox, etc.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl and shell scripting languages such as Bash or Tcsh.
- Basic TCP/IP knowledge and an understanding of how HTTP, DHCP and DNS, CIFS, NFS services operate.
- 5 or more years previous experience working in Information Technology.
- 2 or more years experience supporting a content studio.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.