Our Technology team is an integral part of our business. They are perpetual problem solvers and are always seeking new and innovative ways to help our creatives bring their ideas to life.
Here’s what you should know if you want to be a Senior Software Engineer, Android Developer at R/GA:
On any given day you might
- Build simple user interfaces on top of complex systems
- Develop against a variety of web architectures and services, such as HTTP, REST, GraphQL, etc.
- Contribute to overall product vision
- Integrate web services and social platforms (XML, JSON, REST, OAuth, Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.)
- Utilize your debugging skills to solve challenging problems in a fast paced environment.
- Use git as SCM.
The ideal person
- Experience using Spring framework.
- Understands various scripting languages, including Ruby, Perl, Python, BASH, etc.
- Has experience with C++ and Java
- Has a passion for product quality and strong attention to detail
- Has performance analysis and tuning experience including memory usage, CPU utilization, and leak checking.
- Is experienced at both the user interface and application levels
- Experience with databases like SQLite
- Experience with frameworks like RX, Retrofit, Gson.
- Build tools like Gradle.
- Experience using NDK is a plus.
- 4+ years’ experience in a related role
- 1+ years of experience with the Android SDK.
- If you have experience implementing Notification services, such as Urban Airship
- If you’ve worked with Passbook generation and integration
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.