Our Finance team helps oversee our financial affairs worldwide to ensure the continued growth of our capabilities and talent. They weigh every financial decision, no matter how big or small, to determine how it will affect the business, making them a key piece of RGA’s operations and evolution.
We are looking for an experienced senior accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
On any given day you might
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile general ledger accounts
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Review revenue entries and assist with implementation of the new revenue standard
- Analyze, complete and communicate detailed account variance analysis
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Provide technical support and advice to the business
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Assist in the annual financial audit including preparing client assistance requests and answering auditor questions
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Liaise with our Financial Manager and Accounting Manager to improve financial procedures
The ideal person
- Thrives in a fast paced environment where changes and suggestions to current processes and procedures are welcomed.
- Will be part of the global accounting group and will be expected to assist other team members in a broad range of responsibilities and tasks.
- Has excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
- Works closely with the Assistant Controller and will be a critical player in ensuring the month end process and other special tasks.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance.
- 3+ years of relevant Accounting experience (industry or public).
- CPA or CPA candidate is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (including Vlookups and Pivot Tables)
- SAP/Hyperion or any ERP system experience preferred.
- Experience in forecasting/budgeting a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.