Design is core to everything that we do at R/GA. We believe that great design can solve business problems, build brands, and set businesses apart. Over the years, R/GA has developed a multi-disciplined approach to design that spans across brand, experience, visual, data, and prototyping. By connecting our design offering with our consulting, technology, and marketing offerings, we have helped clients such as Nike, Beats, Fossil, and Equinox create breakthrough brands, products, services, and experiences.
Our ability to easily connect our offerings makes R/GA a unique design innovation partner, one that understands the business, cultural, and customer context as well as a partner that can execute on design strategies through technology and product development.
We are looking for someone to join R/GA to oversee our new business initiatives to help drive growth in our design innovation areas such as brand design, product design, service design, and physical space design. This individual is expected to be well connected in these areas and to be capable of identifying, pursuing and winning strategic and tactical new business opportunities. The successful candidate will be able to use his/her current depth of knowledge of design innovation, along with a swiftly-acquired knowledge of agency history, case studies, current work process, and strategic thinking.
Here's what you should know if you want to be an Executive Director, Business Development - Design Innovation at R/GA based in NYC:
- On any given day you might
- Help to define and develop a new business strategy tailored to the needs of any global office
- Proactively initiate new client relationships and leverage existing partnerships
- Follow up on new business leads and identify and prioritize organic growth opportunities
- Define new business processes, and manage that process in conjunction with the EVP, Global Chief Experience Officer and other new business leads
- Contribute to the design innovation capabilities presentations and other marketing materials
- Coordinate internal resources within office and cross-office to develop client proposals
- Lead new business/pitch presentations
- Develop and maintain a client and prospect database
- Lead internal new business meetings and agency updates
- Work with the agency management team to meet overall agency vision and objectives
The ideal person:
- The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of business development and client management experience, ideally within a design-driven services organization. The candidate must be well-versed in the various disciplines of design.
- A solid track record of developing successful relationships
- Confirmed and proven record of closing major retained accounts
- Previous experience in developing partnership opportunities with clear deal parameters with an outlined ROI
- Help define and drive vision for shared offerings as well as alignment on joint sales motions
- Manage and attend shared PR and marketing activities across partners
- Serve as the first point of contact for design innovation clients and partners
- Coordinate and drive new business activities from start to finish
- Generate and handle inquiries, manage pitches, and on-board new clients
- Serve as the first point of contact for clients and technology partners
- Manage and attend meetings and pitches to asses chemistry fit
- Complete RFPs and RFIs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.