The Senior Experience Strategist is a role that sits within the broader Experience Design practice at R/GA. This role is responsible for driving a human centered design process that spans all phases of development- from framing up a problem to creating concepts for launch.
You should be: off-beat, look at problems from unusual angles, have a sense of childlike optimism, bias towards making something real versus just talking about it, and are absolutely in love with the idea of designing things that will actually matter and impact the lives of a user.
On any given day you might
- Consult and advise senior clients to help frame up their problem and encourage broader and bigger thinking
- Plan, design and lead creative workshops to setup design opportunities and frameworks
- Write up design research plans to immerse yourself and the design team into the lives of users and the experience itself
- Create lo-fi creative concepts and behavioral exercises to extract impulses, truth, and behaviors from consumers
- Visually map out a user’s journey with highlights of key pain points, unmet needs, and unique opportunities
- Go into the field to observe and talk with consumers, experts, and unusual inspiration subjects
- Translate research discovery into macro insights that ignite creative concept development and idea generation
- Develop ideas that create signature journey moments, services, and products
- Make prototypes and simulations of experiences to help test, demonstrate, and communicate the magic of an idea
- Collaborate and lead multidiscipline teams including technologists, writers, visual designers, and analysts
The ideal person
- Experience working on the product and service development side of design versus the marketing side
- A history of working on teams who focus on user centered design practices to develop new products and services
- A portfolio of cases studies that span a variety of industries and design challenges. Ideally from both the digital and physical world
- A proven history of uncovering and translating fresh insights into impactful digital or physical design solutions
- 5+ years of experience working on both sides of design and strategy, including a command over all phases of design from insight gathering to concept generation to market execution
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.